CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 12, 2010

HELLO CHENNAI...

The place where i come from is called Chennai,formerly known as Madras.This was the place where i was raised.

These are some of the things i love about this place.

FILTER COFEE
This is one coffee i would die for ,or should i say any coffee lover.The rich taste and aroma will definitely make you yearn for more .


DOSA(rice pancakes)
This is my favourite and i do make it at home but it never turns out half as good as it does in the restaurant.I'm still working on my culinary skills and i'm sure i will master the art one day : )
If you dont understand what on earth i'm talking about.. then u need to find an Indian restaurant nearby and try this ...
JASMINE FLOWERS

I love this flower and Indian women adorn this in the hair for any special occasion .
You will see this in Indian marriages for sure.



SILK SAREES
I love sarees but i rarely wear them.Silk sarees are my favourite and my wardrobe has few silk sarees but i rarely find the occasion to wear it in the U.S


There are still many things i love about this place and i have mentioned only few. I'm sure everyone will have their own favourite things about their hometown.There is no place like ur own hometown..I'm sure u will agree : )

2 comments:

  1. What a nostalgia moment!But you forget my dear, that all those things are not typical to Chennai!Enjoy and remember us too while you do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should rather say TamilNadu ... : )

    ReplyDelete